Wednesday, June 4, 2008

There are few mundane details these days as we are too busy working on the significant!

The little one didn't exactly pick up a paint brush or sand any floors but she did something even greater...she let Mommy do it! It was a difficult 9 days for my little tyke and her ability to adapt and roll with it brings tears to my eyes (I'm serious). There were no cool play structures or fun water activities or even much in the way of attention but it was as if she knew we were a part of something very special. We, I mean everybody there including the little one, were working on a beautiful thing with beautiful people for a beautiful family and baby girl that we long to hold and play with. I know it's not fair to ask so much of such a little person but we did and had she not had such a good attitude about it all, I may have just got the details from the blog and second hand stories instead of witnessing the goodness in people's hearts with my own eyes. Every morning we would get out of bed and rush off and my little one would say, "I want to go to Matt and Holly's." She loved playing with the friends that came on various days and still is talking about all the new buddies from last week. We look forward to more fun times with them at the Linden home, when we can all sit back on the deck or grass and enjoy each other's company!

3 comments:

Holly said...

She did so well!!! I credit that to your parenting. What an amazing little trooper. I had so much fun baby sitting her when I was allowed. There are so many wonderful photos that show her perspective of the story, that she will grow up knowing all the love that she was a part of this last week. Can't wait for her to meet our Annie.

Jenn said...

She was so amazing and definitely a joy to be around! I could not believe my ears when on day 9 she woke up bright eyed and smiling, and not soon after asking to go back to Matt and Holly's house. She's a trooper and an angel all wrapped up into one adorable little package.

Jenn

Holly said...

Such a cute new photo!