Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time Marches On

Sadly, we are closing in on the end of summer. I'm grateful that Southern California hangs on to the warmer temps a bit longer as I try to get more wear out of my shorts and tank tops and relish in the last days of heat for the year. True that many people I know wear their "summer" clothes year round in beautiful San Diego but for me, when the temperature drops below 75, I layer.

So I anticipate the fall. Daddy proudly placed this years crop of "giant" pumpkins on display yesterday and the plans and invitations are developing for the coming months. So too, do we plan for our little guy's first birthday. But for now, I just got around to getting his first picture sitting. Here he is at 10 months.






Big sister wasn't interested in taking pictures and opted to "help" her brother get his done. She did venture off to the first "official" day of pre-school yesterday, where she was most impressed by the class pets. One of which was a guinea pig named Rocky and the second were a pair of caterpillars in insect containers. The classroom is a fun and stimulating place with all her favorite things, including a terrific dress up collection. Oh to be three again!