Thursday, January 24, 2008

Venting.

Today was one of those days where I felt incapable of playing the role of loving mommy, supportive wife, able homemaker, and ambitious businesswoman. It all came crashing down on me this morning and settled on my head by 2pm. The rest of the day was spent swimming with leg weights, which was good since the morning workout got tossed out the window when the quick call to the architect turned into a 30 minute lecture how the city won't issue a building permit until we finish these 3 pages (single spaced) of corrections ($$$). I mostly felt like I failed my little one because I was too distracted to give her the attention she deserves.

We made it to a playdate at one of her best buddies so it was a bit of redemption. She had a great time socializing, and snacking. I was able to reset to normal and persevere through the grocery shopping and evening chores.

At the end of the day I got dinner on the table, cleaned the kitchen, bathed the child and got a kiss goodnight from the munchkin. I would say it wasn't such a bad day after all.

4 comments:

SeanH said...

...and got a blog in! She's a total success!

matt said...

Way to be Mama! -Holly

Lynne said...

Sounds like you were pretty productive to me! Someone once said to me that when you rear a child, the days can seem so long, but the years just fly by.

Lynne said...

I'm ready to read another posting! :o)