Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Branching Off

I did not intend to become a regular blogger. It began as a farce. A way to humor my husband during a long and stressful couple of weeks at work. He had just started a fantastic blog which I look forward to reading everyday and there was much discussion among friends about it being "the" thing to do. Everyone should have a blog and I therefore lovingly imitated his title, set up my own blog and put together a few words, mostly about raising our daughter. Little did I know that I would actually enjoy it.



Many moms make some sort of scrap book or photo diary for their child to enjoy as they grow up but since the husband has a huge talent for filmmaking, I left this to him. I thought I would keep a journal for her that would be my personal gift for her to enjoy, especially when she becomes a mom. I have about 10 entries, she's 17 months old. Thats not even one a month! So my modern day answer to the journal is this blog. Therefore, if I decide to make this a somewhat regular hobby (I still question how often I will be able to commit to it), it's time I select a new title. We are no longer the most mundane thing, just the mundane details.

No comments: