Friday, August 17, 2007

Why? and Who Cares?

Why?

My husband recently started a blog and is really enjoying it. I must say I've been inspired and look forward to reading what he has to say.

If your looking for a philosophical and enlightening read a visit to The Most Significant Thing will fit that bill. This blog is about the mundane activities in life as experienced from a mommy perspective.

My life is not the same with out the big momentous occasions: my wedding day, birth of my child, day escrow closed on our first home purchase. Those are huge and significant things that have given me great joy and a greater sense of purpose. The problem is my everyday reality is a bit lackluster in comparison. Therefore, I feel compelled to find happiness in the little tasks, boring as they are, if I am to be a person worth spending five minutes with. This therefore is my tribute to the more mundane aspects in life.

The reality is, I may not even get around to making a second post. Thats how it goes. So many things I would like to do each day but struggle to find the time and energy to accomplish half of them. As long as my daughter wakes up with a smile on her face and gives me a kiss goodnight, the laundry list of to-do's will wait.

Who Cares?

Nobody. I don't expect anyone will actually read this (except my husband, maybe.), nor am I providing some big public service. Perhaps my daughter would be mildly interested if she were able to read. No, this is more an excercise for myself to recognize that the mundane can actually be significant.

6 comments:

SeanH said...

I care!

Unless, of course, you are mocking my blog. At which point I will unleash holy literary hell upon thee!

matt said...

I'LL READ IT EVERYDAY!! :-)

matt said...

I have to create a different account, but for now, I'm in a Mutt costume. I LOVE your first post! You go Mama! I am amoung those that care. I will be starting a blog called The Most Warranted Iguana Run. TMWIR.
-Holly

SeanH said...

How long do we have to wait for the next entry? It's unbearable!

Sean said...

Your readership just went up by 33%! I'll be back for more mundane details of your life w/ the wee one.

Jenn said...

And add one more who cares! I'll be browsing through every day as well!! (no pressure!)