Friday, August 31, 2007

A Happy Coincidence

My mornings use to consist of hopping out of bed (only after hitting snooze a couple times and trying to fool myself into believing it was Saturday), quick shower, dress and off to the car for the morning commute. Once in the office and completed the visual clock-in with the bossman, I would get that cup of coffee I've been hankering for all morning. Exchange kind words with co-workers and to the desk I go. This series of events is repeated by thousands everyday and for them I feel their pains.

Having our own business has allowed more freedom in this area. Most mornings begin by waking to the "joyful" noise of the little one, usually sometime around 6:15am. After tending to the basic baby needs, we go to the kitchen where she demands her morning 9oz of milk and I prepare a nice big pot of our house coffee for mommy and daddy. I catch up on the news and at 7am turn the tv on to Sunrise Earth in HD so I can ease into the day with the tranquil sights and sounds of nature. Sounds great, yeah?

This morning proceeded as normal. I turned on the tv wondering where in the world is the sunrising today. Yosemite! The little one's immediate response was "OOOHHH" followed by "warful warful"....mom's a genius. It was one of those fantastic mommy moments that you couldn't plan any better. Who knew?

I'm sure I will remember this morning much longer than she will. For it won't be long until the mommy "genius" moments dissipate and the little one will grow to be much smarter than I. For now I'll take it where I can get it.

1 comment:

matt said...

GREAT post today. -Holly